Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Thrift Stores - Not Junk Stores

Growing up my Mama always LOVED to go into thrift stores and antique shops (I always called them "junk" stores). There were few things at that age I hated more in life than going to a "junk" store and looking at all the crap other people wanted to sell so they didn't have to look at it anymore. I just didn't understand the logic.

Now, at the age of 24, I can officially say - I get it Mama! The other weekend I went, what I now call "thrifting" with my friend Megan. I just moved into my apartment a couple of weeks ago and have no interest in spending tons of money on furniture. So, I went thrifting and found....

This coffee table that I use as my TV table. It was an ugly beat-up wood color. I spray painted it the teal color to match my decor and added the baskets underneath for functionality. 


TV table.
Close up of TV table.
This little table that I use as my entry table. It was also an ugly wood color. I spray painted it the same teal color and then painted the key/mail/organizer above it gray, something I had in my room growing up that is now useful once again! The table still needs some love in terms of decor on it, but we will get there.

Entry table.
All in all, I'm pretty proud of my finds. I forgot to take before pictures, so you will just have to imagine how ugly it was before the new paint. I learned from the best growing up and can't wait to find more treasures to add to my home!

Here's the breakdown of what I spent:
TV/Coffee Table = $25
Entry Table = $15
Spray Paint = $6

No comments:

Post a Comment