Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Sweet Reminder

I was recently rummaging around my apartment and found some birthday cards from 2 years ago. I have saved my birthday cards since I was a little girl.

The cards I found recently were extra special and just the reminder I needed. You see, these birthday cards were from when I turned 23 and lived in New York City. I was missing my family and apparently, as the cards read, they were missing me too.

The card below struck me though. Sometimes it's just nice to know someone loves you that much..."a heap". 

I wouldn't take back the time I had in NYC for anything. I grew up a lot and got to know more of my family that lives there, but I also know that I'm exactly where I'm suppose to be right now. Close to my siblings and their families. A short drive from home. Near all of my friends that I've had for years. It's a sweet reminder to remember why you are where you are. Sometimes we just need a reminder.

My 23rd birthday card from my Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment