Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Blessed


I actually wrote this post several weeks ago and came across it today. Something I needed. A reminder of the great life I have and have had so far during This Life.

I've been thinking lately about just how blessed I am and I wanted to capture that feeling before it up and left me. You know, I'm pretty blessed. I have....

...fantastic, will do anything for you parents.
...siblings who are basically my best friends, who married people who are basically my best friends.
...two nephews, a niece, and two nieces on the way who I can't describe how much I love/adore/have the best time with.
...friends who are like family.
...friends who I can go months without seeing and it feels like not a day has gone by when I finally get to see/talk to them.
...two grandmothers who I have had the privilege of getting to know for 24 years now.
...a granddaddy who treated me like a princess.
...a great-grandmother (my nanny) who I was able to know, love, and adore.
...doggies who I love and who keep me company.
...a warm place to sleep at night.

Sometimes, when I get the shambles - a saying my friend came up with to describe a state of feeling down, lonely, sad, etc. - I need to remind myself of all of these things and the simple fact that I'm pretty blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment